Jaworek Community Rainbow:
The Jaworek School Community Rainbow hangs on the wall in the front lobby. This initiative incorporates the same skill training that we teach students through Responsive Classroom and Second Step. The focus is to reinforce the following social skills: (CARES) Cooperation, Assertion, Responsibility, Empathy, and Self-Control.
Each skill theme is color-coded:
- ORANGE - COOPERATION: Working together—Be open-minded; listen to others.
- GREEN - ASSERTION: Standing up for yourself and your own ideas in a respectful way.
- BLUE - RESPONSIBILITY: Be reliable, dependable, accountable, and trustworthy.
- RED - EMPATHY: Understanding and considering the feelings of others.
- YELLOW - SELF-CONTROL: Being in charge of what you say and do.
Faculty members will present students with a color-coded star for demonstrating any of the skills. The students will bring their stars to the office for further recognition and the stars will be placed on the bulletin board. Stars are meant to recognize positive behavior and further enhance community-building at Jaworek School. We will celebrate a completed colorful rainbow by the end of each school year.